Friday 28 December 2007

Did you really have to kill my dog?

An emotional and serious article - message by a dog owner in Cyprus Mail:

“She was my little, happy sister and all she wanted to do was spread joy! I feel blessed to know her and wish I could make it better for you both.”“What can one say to comfort you – we can not stop thinking about what you are going through. How wicked some people are. Our hearts and love go out to you.”“She only wanted to give joy to people”“She was full of joy and was the village character’“She always took the letters from me”All the above quotes are about my beloved Ellie who was cruelly poisoned on December 18 in our own garden – one minute a fit young joyous dog, a few minutes later found foaming at the mouth: another victim of Lanate deliberately given in her own garden.Ellie was full of life and a joy to everyone who met her. Boisterous, lively, wanting to help with everything and without a cruel bone in her body. Her life was short. I found this shivering scrap of a six-week-old puppy crying under the post boxes in the village. Riddled with fleas and ticks, she trustingly came to me – a black and white scrap of bones. She was so sick with malnutrition and pneumonia, the vet didn’t think she would live. With lots of TLC and the expertise of the vet, we found ourselves with a beautiful Cypriot hunting dog that no one wanted. What a joy she brought to our hearts – and with a heart as big as her long hind legs. No other dog had it made like her four paws had she found a loving home. She was always carrying something in her mouth and longed to help with everything – that was my Ellie. She had her own stuffed elephant which we called Ellie 2 as she loved to carry it everywhere with her. She would curl up on the couch with me and was a dog who thought she was human that was my beloved Ellie. Now our hearts are broken at Christmas because someone poisoned her with Lanate in our own garden. The tears anger, blame and hate are working through but nothing can replace my friend, with her joy of life and joy that she gave to everyone that met her.Christmas in our family hasn’t been joyful for us as we lost a baby over this period. As we have no children our dogs have been our family. I now feel I have lost another baby and my heart is broken.It is about time Lanate was banned and the sale of it forbidden totally.
A heart-broken dog owner

No comments: